Monday, June 27, 2005

i guess i don't like lucinda williams after all

on the phone with padre yesterday.

padre: you remember that lucinda williams cd that you got for your step mom?

me: yeah. it's a good cd. she said she liked it. why? she likes it, right?

p: yes, she likes it. but i don't think you like lucinda williams.

me: what? um, i think she's fine....

p: well, i don't think you've listened to this cd before.

me: i used to listen to it at virg's! why would..

p: the name of the town where we lived is mentioned in one song. the town you grew up in? i don't think you've listened to this cd at all.

me: p, it was at a party. i didn't hear ALL of the lyrics. besides, why would it matter if the name of that town was in it?

p: i was just shocked.

me: that city is in several states, you know. why don't we just assume that it's the one in north carolina and not tennessee??

p: fine. i just don't think you like lucinda williams.

me: *sigh*

No comments: