Monday, December 15, 2008

spines, spines, everywhere there's spines

i just got back from my neurosurgeon. the great news is that I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY!!!

here's where we (and by "we", i mean "me") stand. i've got physical therapy twice a week for a while. i'm also continuing on my anti inflammatory medication for a month or so.

and, wait for it....I GET TO GO TO D.C. FOR THE INAUGURATION!!

my "walking ban" has been lifted but i'm not allowed to bend over or carry anything over 5-7 pounds. also, my doc said she was surprised that i wasn't screaming in pain because my mri was, and i quote, "impressive".

(it's, apparently, a new injury unrelated to the car accident that i had at 18. in other words, bad genetics will get you every time.)

k, i'm going to do a modified dance now. you know, the kind that doesn't require lifting.

7 comments:

Anthony said...

I had no idea but happy to hear things are n the up.

Brit said...

I hope you start to feel better soon.

r4kk4 said...

no problem, anthony. (i tend to play things *fairly* close to the vest so there's no reason why you should have known! ;D)

thanks, brit! i think things are going to be ok! i've got most of the sensation back in my right calf this morning! :D!

Irregular Shed said...

Congratulations on your spine being better than suspected!

r4kk4 said...

thank you!!

it's 6-8 weeks of physical therapy and i'm *not* going to be slacking off during that!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're improving and do not need surgery. Hooray!!

r4kk4 said...

thanks, mary!!

this snow has me kinda' home bound again though. i don't really trust myself walking on the ice that's buried underneath.