Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I AM GIVING YOU AN OWL service

I AM GIVING YOU AN OWL service by Rakka
I AM GIVING YOU AN OWL service, a photo by Rakka on Flickr.
a back story is required before you understand why finding this drawing in this particular book was creepy and very funny to me.

every spring i watch creepy british shows from the 70's and 80's (two examples of this that spring to mind are "sapphire and steel" and "children of the stones")

this year i have been watching "the owl service". (you can too!) i needed a slight refresher on the welsh story of blodeuwedd (because, really, who doesn't) that is central to the plot, so i grabbed my copy of the owl service off the shelf and found...a drawing from the owl service plate stuck inside.

for those of you who are not familiar with the story, a drawing taken from the owl plate is what starts all the weird, freaky shit happening.

i don't know why i enjoy creeping myself out like this but it was funny. especially on april fool's.

No comments: