Thursday, June 12, 2014

a post about a great little movie theater in kingsport, tn

what i am about to relate occurred at a very appropriate time for me. i have been despising almost everyone lately (with good reason) but i just had my faith restored in people. i know. how is it even possible?! read on. read on.

my dad watches my nephew once a week. this involves quite a bit of driving (my dad lives in rural va, my nephew in rural tn) and my dad has been very ill lately. it's not been the easiest thing for him to keep a five year old entertained. 

it's been pretty hot in that part of the country and today was no exception, definitely an indoor activity kind of day. my dad thought that a movie would be great especially since my nephew loves monsters (runs in the family) and had been talking about "godzilla".

after a quick search for the nearest movie theater showing "godzilla", off they went to kingsport, almost an hour and a half drive away.


when my dad went to the window to buy tickets, he was informed that "godzilla" was not showing due to a faulty air conditioning unit. D: oh no! what were they going to do?

i'll tell you what they did. they watched "godzilla" at that very movie theater. how? the manager noticed what had happened and learned how far my dad had driven. and, because there are actually kind people in this world, he screened the movie in their smallest theater for just my dad and nephew. and he didn't charge them. 

absolutely above and beyond exceptional customer service. if you are in or near the kingsport, tn area, i would highly recommend seeing a movie at frank theaters. they value their customers! they treated my dad with respect. i am greatly impressed by their kindness.

and on that note, i am going to get back to packing. 

No comments: